Wednesday, February 24

"Can you hear this?"



"Can you hear this?"
1 minute into the following recording Lou Reed asks the crowd that simple question. What those people heard that August 2, back in 1969 was one of the finest performance ever put on by any band.

Of course this wasn't just any band, these good folks came to see and experience New Yorks greatest gift to the music world, The Velvet Underground.

With Lou Reed on lead guitar & vocals, Sterling Morrison on guitar, Doug Yule on bass & organ and Maureen "Moe" Tucker on drums, they turn their music into a force that stopped any soul dead in it's tracks. Don't believe me, just listen to this sneak peek of what exactly you're about to get yourself into ....


I said it before and I'll say it again, only way this could be better is if I actually was there in person but since I still have not figured out a way to make that happen, this bootleg will do just fine.

Track List
1. I'm Waiting For The Man (7:20)
2. Run Run Run (10:35)
3. Pale Blue Eyes (6:04)
4. What Goes On (11:40)
5. Heroin (6:54)
6. Sister Ray (33:20)

Download The Velvet Underground - Ostrich/Hilltop bootleg HERE

Tracks 1 through 5 were recorded live at the Hilltop Rock Festival, Rindge, New Hampshire, August 2, 1969. Track 6 is from La Cave, Cleveland, Ohio, January 28, 1969.

This has been NotSoVelvet and in the words of Freddie Mercury "I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear."

1 comment: